Today marks my last day as an Atlantan. It was nearly 20 years ago to the day that I arrived in the ATL. I stayed my first night in a Days Inn on Chamblee Tucker Road.
Here are some of my parting thoughts:
Things about Atlanta I'll miss:
4. Howard, Jimmie Lee, Mose and Lonnie
6. ya'll - the word and ya'll - my friends
My two favorite art shows:
1. Todd Murphy at Vaknin Schwartz
2. "This is the Future" Dos Pestaneos at Saltworks
1. The Westside will eclipse Casteberry as the go-to arts district (second choice is the 4th Ward)
2. Julian Cox will prove to be too big a force for the High and will Ned Rifkin his way to a curatorship at a world class museum. Not that the High is chopped liver though. If you like photography, get there now. Its packed I say, packed to the brim with quality pictures.
I'll be here in PDX to welcome ATL with open arms when ya'll swing by my new neck of the woods for Jupiter '06. TaKe care now y' hear?